Thursday 3 September 2015

All Dogs - Kicking Every Day AA

August Album

Another month, another set of crackin' new album releases. Other must listens have came from Never Shout Never, Palehound, Radkey and Hooton Tennis Club to name but a few.

My favourite by far has to be the début by All Dogs titled Kicking Every Day. It may start off like what you would expect from a young US pop/grunge/punk/whatever band BUT just like the days of the week, when Sunday Morning comes in, it is like a totally fresh hit of music, a surprise light sound that pops up like a gem and leads the way perfectly for the rest of the album. What I admire most about the bands' songs is that no matter whether the track genre is rock, pop, punk or whatever it really doesn't matter, they make it work with killer lyrics that have a great way of cutting through the sound and hitting me personally, so much so that I find my self listening to them through my headphones/speakers feeling like a close friend telling me a secret story. Plus the music compliments them almost without without trying. It just seems to come so gracefully for them. Great album, great band! Enjoy the live video below!   



No comments:

Post a Comment