Saturday 6 April 2013

Holly Drummond & SXSW

I have been on YouTube so much over this Easter break and when i'm not watching Fallon or Kimmel videos I try to stay on music related vids. One particular individual i'm liking at the moment is Holly Drummond. On her channel http://www.youtube.com/user/smoothiesforme she posts lots of different covers, mostly fairly well known songs. All with just an acoustic guitar and her voice. I love her Scottish accent and how you can hear it at certain points whilst she sings. If you are interested in her original work, on Bandcamp she has 2 EP's, 1 you can pay any amount and the other is like £2 minimum which is not a big price to pay. http://hollydrummond.bandcamp.com/
 
Also the other day I was reading an NME round up of SXSW and I checked a couple of artists out that they recommended:
 
Waxahatchee - Live acoustic of Sister Saint
 
Shark Week - If You Want Me To Stay
 
 
QUESTION
 
I'm interested if any guys are particularly excited about Reading & Leeds festival this year. It you could leave a comment below about your opinions of the line-up or anything, that would be cool.
 
Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment