Thursday 20 March 2014

SoundCloud Song

I'm coming in with a heavy hitting pop genre post this week, and a double hitter of tracks. Yea that's right two tracks one post. You get more for your money here.

First pick is the latest single from LP, fresh off of the press as of today I believe. If you have liked her previous tracks like In To The Wild etc. it definitely has the same flavour of those tracks in terms of cheery/hooky summer time beats and she knows how to work in a whistle/hum solo into the song for even more sugary sweetness that gets embedded into your head. She is not breaking boundaries with this track but she doesn't have to in my opinion, a good track is a good track regardless.


My next choice is way more of a cheesy pop/rappish track. They have sampled Jackie Wilson's Higher and Higher which is the main reason I like this track. I have been hoping for someone to bring this track to a new audience that has possibly not heard it yet and if this is the way they hear it then so be it. Maybe they will explore further. In terms of the verse vocals I feel it has a slight Chiddy Bang style to it and B.O.B. doesn't do anything too crazy in his part but he never blows me out of the water in terms of skill. On the other hand he knows how to make a good pop single so I can see why they brought him on the track.

If you like either of these tracks or hate them, I would like to know your opinion if you want to leave a comment below that would be cool. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment