Tuesday 23 June 2015

Strand Of Oaks - NPR YTV

23/06/15 YouTube Video

NPR have pulled another brilliant session out of the bag inviting Strand Of Oaks to play for their Tiny Desk Concert feature. I watch most of the Tiny Desks that they release and there has been good ones fairly regularly but nothing has been as good as this session in a long time.

Through the session he plays 3 tracks: Goshen 97, Plymouth and JM. Starting with Goshen 97, it shows the vocal capabilities of Timothy Showalter and I was pleasantly surprised at the range he could produce. With Plymouth he moved from a Telecaster to play what looks like a Fender Telecoustic (funny little instrument) with a gorgeous effect added through a pedal that I have rarely if never heard before in such a stand alone way and I am so envious his guitar playing. JM is the 7 minute belter that closes the set and it is one of a select few tracks that doesn't have me reaching for my phone by half way through, he just has a way of keeping me captivated throughout. Extremely talented guy. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment