Thursday 2 July 2015

Billy Currington - Summer Forever JA

June Album

During this pretty busy part of my life with the ending of University life and my relocating to Manchester in a few days time, Billy Currington has helped keep my spirits up with his latest album Summer Forever. Other albums that I have enjoyed come from Kid Wave, Girlpool, Pins, Wolf Alice and many more.

Summer Forever has a definite chirpy country sound to it and this is a major part of why I like it, but what makes it special to me is that it is not just a standard country album that can be boring with 12 stereotypical songs all the way through. It has some of the tracks where I think he switches it up and has more of a John Mayer Bluesy vibe and others with more of a straight up Americana kind of feel that wouldn't sound out of place on a Springsteen modern album. Below is one of the singles from the album which isn't much of a surprise seeing as it has a good hook but the whole album is this and much more. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment