Tuesday 5 April 2016

Antoine - Petite fille, ne crois pas YTV

05/04/16 YouTube Video

I am back after an eventful few days in Paris, seeing the sights, attractions and eating particularly great food. One of my personal highlights aside from the tasty pastries and other goodies was visiting the Born Bad record store which is on the Eastern side of the city if you are ever around that way. And seeing as I was in the country, I thought what better record to buy than one by a French musician. Namely a self-titled LP by Antoine which caught my eye in the 60's rock section, with his classic guitar harmonica combination, I thought I couldn't really go wrong. A great song off of the album that I chose for this weeks pick is 'Petite fille, ne crois pas' which roughly translates to mean 'Little girl, do not believe'. On my first few listens it sounds like quite a jolly little pop/folk ditty but on further reading into the lyrics it seems to be more about the ending of short term relationships and possibly times when the partner has greater feelings for you than you do for her. Definitely deeper and less obviously romantic than I first imagined. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment