Thursday 5 May 2016

Misty Miller - The Whole Family Is Worried AA


So April has ended and we are left with yet another great month of albums. You can check out Aprils playlist by clicking this aptly named link: April Playlist It has been quite a rock and roll month with spectacular albums from Tacocat, Weezer, Frightened Rabbit and The Coathangers and all the rest, too many to name. Recently I decided to change up this feature by including my top 3 albums of the month descending down from three to the big one. I just found it too hard picking just one favourite.


My third favourite was called Welcome The Worms from Bleached. The LA band's second album and I am enjoying the heavier sound that they are progressing with from their début release Ride Your Heart which I also greatly enjoyed as was one of my favourites from that year. My stand out tracks from WTW are the head thumping Wednesday Night Melody which is in the video below (so be sure to check it out) and Sour Candy which has a more classic pop punk rock feel which I get hooked on after like 10 seconds in. 

Buy the album HERE or you know any decent music store.





My second favourite was Out Of The Garden by Tancred. This album is the third release from Tancred artist Jess Abbott. This musician is a phenomenal talent. From her time as part of the band Now Now and her previous solo work she has gotten pretty darn brilliant at creating guitar led rock tracks without being repetitive and dated but sounding current, modern and exciting. There were too many crackers to pick a stand out track so below is a single from the album called Bed Case.

Pick it up on vinyl HERE





My absolute favourite has to be The Whole Family Is Worried by Misty Miller. I have been waiting for this LP to drop for a long time now and about 5 seconds into the album playing, I knew I was on to a winner winner chicken dinner. It plays the fine line of guitar pop with being catchy enough to be an ear-worm without being an overly produced or manufactured nightmare. This album has classic summer vibes written all over it, perfect for blasting up to 11 whilst driving through the main street of town or any other tarmac laden area you choose. My favourite tracks include Devil which is a beautiful piece of poetry accompanied by complimenting gentle electric guitar and slowly adding drums as the song builds and Marmalade which starts off sounding like a spooky theme tune to Scooby Doo then transitions to an almost Doo Wop girls style, Happy Days background music. It is a masterful bit of pop. I first heard of MM a few years ago now, supporting Nina Nesbitt and I knew from then that she was a true stand out talent and will be destined for big things. 

You can stream this LP in a bunch of places......or get it at you know AMAZON and such. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment