Thursday 19 May 2016

The Superjesus AS


For this months Artist Showcase, I wanted to shout about The Superjesus. This 4 piece are from Adelaide, Australia and have released 3 albums to date from the late 90s through to the early 00s. The lead singer is one Sarah McLeod and for me is the power house that draws me into the tracks. Her vocals really show off her accent and unique tone which is something I find amazing to hear.

All of the albums that there have released so far (Sumo, Jet Age & Rock Music) have been masterpieces and things I could listen to at any time of day but the progression from Sumo through to Rock Music has definitely been in my favour because RM has to be my favourite release from these guys so far. The highlights being the often varying of emotion from track to track with the slower more aggressive tracks blended in perfectly with the more upbeat poppy rock songs. A couple of my top songs are Stick Together which I have listened to an embarrassing amount of times on repeat and Over & Out which you can listen to yourself in the video below. 

They have also released the single for a new album that will be released at some point in 2016 which I am super pumped for. Keep up with the band HERE or check out their Facebook HERE You could even throw them a bone of a Like or two if you want. Enjoy!




  

No comments:

Post a Comment