Saturday 4 June 2016

Twin Peaks - Down In Heaven MA


This is coming only a few days late, but you know what they say 'better late than never'...... Anyways onto the feature. May has yet again been another fantastical month for music as I am sure everyone has grown to expect. Even on the quietest of months great LPs are made. Classics have been released from Spookyland, Nothing, The So So Glos, Outer Spaces and more. You can check out my full May playlist HERE


Kicking things off is my third favourite of the month, one Oscar with his debut Cut And Paste. A bit of a surprise hit for me, I was not sure what to expect when I started to listen to the album but I was pleasantly shocked at how great and high quality the music is. In terms of a first album, or even any album, this is definitely a strong hitter. Check out the absolutely banging single Daffodil Days below.





My second place LP is perhaps unsurprisingly the sophomore from the Catfish & The Bottlemen boys. I am a tremendous fan of their first album from 2014 and The Ride is more of the same. Just top level rock and roll tunes that are made for stadiums as well as the backstreet dive bars. Check out the soon to be club classic 7 below.




My numero uno album has to be Down In Heaven by the awesome Twin Peaks. This was probably the one album I was most hotly anticipating this month since Wild Onion was seared into my brain as an instant classic back in 2014. And boy oh boy I was not disappointed, 13 tracks of pure joy that seemed to flow by my ears with such ease that before I knew it, it had finished so back to the start I went. Below is Butterfly, on of the albums big hitters amongst 12 others. Check it out and go buy the album HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment