Thursday 21 July 2016

Jenn Champion AS


As of a couple of days ago I had never heard of Jenn Champion, but after listening to one song from her new soon to be released EP posted online by Hardly Art Records (video at bottom) I have been on a slight binge. Under the stage name S, she has produced 4 LPs to date Sadstyle, Puking & Crying, I'm Not As Good At It As You and Cool Choices. And if that wasnt enough, before her solo work she also made another 3 albums under Carissa's Wierd which consisted of her and two guys who went on to form Band Of Horses. At time of writing, I haven't heard any of CW stuff yet but I am looking forward to when that time comes greatly.

As good a starting point as any, I urge you to listen to her first solo LP below (Sadstyle) It gives a initial feel of her sound which includes part indie, part pop, part singer/songwriter and part just straight up alternative goodness. My favourite release of hers so far has to be her third LP INAGAIAY. It is probably the lightest toned release to date and I really enjoy the wide range of instrumentation that is used throughout the LP. It shows off her talent and skill as a musician, song writer and all that other good stuff.

Be sure to keep up to date for her new EP coming out later on this year HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment