Saturday 4 May 2013

1 Year Old

I really wanted to get a post out on the first of may seeing as at that point my blog would have been 1 year old but due to uni deadlines I have been crazy busy and only managed to find the time now.
A few days ago now I went to see Never Shout Never and We Are The In Crowd play at The Institute Birmingham. NSN were on first and played a large handful of songs. It seemed to be over pretty fast as they stopped playing at like 5 past 8. I enjoyed Christopher Drews playing of various different instruments and in doing so, showing what a talented guy he is. Also the random banter that him and his bandmates had was fun to watch. I would like to see them as headliners sometime, I think they would put on a great longer show.

WATIC also were a full of energy group, the female lead I really like and I think I particularly enjoy female vocals with rock music. There is something about it that works really well. As for seeing them again live I don't think I would be that bothered, something about the sound they made was very samey to me that a lot of bands could reproduce. But I still enjoyed it.

To sort of commemorate my year I have purchased the latest Frank Turner album Tape Deck Heart on vinyl which if you remember my first post is the best way to listen to the dude.


No comments:

Post a Comment