Wednesday 20 November 2013

Design Of The Fortnight D.O.T.F.

This time around I have decided to talk about a location. The place in particular is The Institute in Birmingham. More specifically, The Library which is the smaller of the two main rooms. I have been to this venue several times and as I think I have stated in the past, it is my favourite place to see bands/artists. The last artist I saw there was Nina Nesbitt (picture below). As you can see I had a terrific view and even though I was on the balcony which is right at the back of the room my view and the sound quality was superb. The layout also is well planned out which I guess is pretty much assumed, with the two bars set either side of the stage and on the main balcony and just below it is room for a merchandise stand still with plenty of room all around for the crowds. Lastly, the style of the venue as a whole is really cool. They keep aspects of the classic look from the outside face of the building but with added modern features where you would want them. Great venue, if you are close to Birmingham go listen to some music and see some great design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment