Saturday 30 November 2013

Guitar Making/Luthier Skills

Yesterday I went to see Rik Middleton a local guitar maker from Coventry. I'm currently learning about the process of guitar making and yesterday was a great experience. I learnt about different processes, materials and their sources, equipment/machinery that is needed for the job and lots more. In the afternoon of the day he also showed me how to bend the wood for the sides of the guitar. This process was always something I was interested in learning about and I'm glad I now know how it works. 

Also, visiting Rik has really inspired me to create guitar models on CAD and start building up my workshop equipment so that when I have my own workshop space I will have all the equipment I need to start building and making.

He has also made a book about making a guitar that is available on Amazon and I for sure will be picking up a copy for myself. I look forward to visiting him again next week and learning even more things.






No comments:

Post a Comment