Thursday 3 April 2014

SoundCloud Songs

This week is another double hitter. I have found it hard to limit my SoundCloud feature to just one song every two weeks, there are just too many good songs out there. So I'm considering making it a more frequent feature but for now here is two tracks for you to enjoy.

If you like them or don't, leave a comment below to let me know what you think.

First up is the track Molly-O! by artist Simone Felice. I found out about this artist through the latest Q magazine and after listening to this album I am glad I took their review further. This song has tinges of country pop, and his voice has a slight young Bruce Springsteen element to it which is no bad thing. I love the sing along chorus, the clever lyrics and his unique style. This track along with the album is pretty great.



Next up is Coves with the track Beatings. This duo are from Leamington Spa which (if you didn't know) is where I am from. There is something to be said for repping your home town and associated acts that come out of it, which I do, but this group really don't need it. The quality tunes off their debut album easily do it alone. This track is a bit of a dreamy number with electronic vibes throughout but my main loves are the strumming guitars and the cheeky harmonica that comes out of nowhere. Beaut

No comments:

Post a Comment