Thursday 9 October 2014

Telecaster DIY Kit DOTM

Design Of The Month

I am currently learning how to design and make electric guitars and in doing so I recently purchased the Telecaster DIY kit (pictured below) from Ebay. I had such a good time customising the main body and headstock, varnishing the wood to a nice shiny finish and soldering all the components together and that is why it is my design of the month. It helped me understand the process of wiring a guitar, how a whole guitar gets built up and I also learnt where some mistakes can occur like how to varnish the wood in nice smooth coats without scuff marks. If you are in any way interested in guitar design, I would definitely suggest picking up one of these kits. You can pretty much get all the major model shapes out there so go pick one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment