Thursday 30 October 2014

Ex Hex - Rips OA

October Album

My album from October is Ex Hex with their debut Rips. October has been a slow and steady month for me in terms of good albums that have been released. They have been put out here and there all through the month with a slight surge of great ones right at the end. Other great albums from this month include: Johnny Marr, The Bots, Bass Drum Of Death and Ultimate Painting and more.

I have been a fan of Mary Timony from her time with Wild Flag and that band is the reason I found out about and got into Ex Hex. Rips is a more old school rock sounding record and seems to speed through in terms of length. I think I prefer it to the Wild Flag stuff because it all seems a bit more dirty, scuzzy and straight forward with no pretending which is all things I admire. I hope you like this track and more.




No comments:

Post a Comment