Tuesday 23 February 2016

Shawn Colvin - Tougher Than The Rest YTV

23/02/16 YouTube Video

The long and arduous of logging my playlists is continuing and I am currently processing the year 2001 which includes great releases from the likes of Ashley Stove, Weezer and yes you guessed it Shawn Colvin. I am a new listener to this lovely lady and am surprised that I haven't heard of her before now. Having released 10 albums and been around for well over a decade, she is quite the big and hard-working talent. Which is one of many reasons why I have chosen this cover she did of the classic Springsteen track that I found on her YouTube. It takes the romance and emotion of the original and elevates it to another level and really transports me to imagine so vividly the love story the song epitomises. In a lot of ways I think it is a better version than the original, (vocals, instrumentation and all) and I am a big Springsteen fan (his great version below) so it would take a lot to beat the boss. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment