Monday 9 July 2012

Jimmy Fallon - Blow Your Pants Off

So as soon as I had a chance I put my new Jimmy Fallon album on. I was dying to listen to it after hearing the Bruce Springsteen and "Neil Young" cover Whip My Hair which was so funny and actually a really nice cover.
I also heard Walk Of Shame with Dave Matthews when it was performed live on his show and I loved it.

After listening to it I really like Balls In Your Mouth (which I'm currently learning/messing around on guitar), Scrambled Eggs which is done to the tune of Yesterday by The Beatles and features Paul McCartney.
I also think You Spit When You Talk is a great comedy song, lots of funny lyrics partly written by Fallon and brilliantly performed. The tracks I were less keen on were The Doors Sing "Reading Rainbow" basically because I didn't have a clue what Reading Rainbow was to begin with and I just didn't really like the sound of it and My Upstairs Neighbors Are Having Sec (And Listening To The Black Eyed Peas). I know he was being Ramonesy but I didn't really think the lyrics worked that well and I'm not such a big fan of BEP. On the whole it's a great album for what it is (a comedy album) and Jimmy Fallon is great at impersonating Neil Young & Bob Dylan and hopefully he continues to do so for a while. I'll definitely be listening to this for a long time and will be really interested in what he does in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment