Monday 8 July 2013

Godiva Festival!

Last Saturday I decided to go to the Godiva Festival in Memorial Park in near by Coventry. This was the first time I have went in the 15 years I think it has been running. Now that I have been I realise I should have been going for a long time. For a free festival, the amount of top quality acts are pretty remarkable. I only went for the Saturday night because the artists on the other days didn't really appeal to me enough to make the journey. The headline acts that played on the Saturday were Steve Craddock from Ocean Colour Scene, Lucy Rose, The View and Maximo Park. The act I was most excited for was The View, for me they were who I would have preferred to headline at the end of the night. They put on a great show despite me not having a clue what Kyle Faulkner was saying to the crowd in his grumbly Scottish accent. I stayed for a couple of songs into Maximo Park but after Graffitti I had had my fill. I didn't know enough songs of theirs to be that bothered. I was pleasantly surprised by Lucy Rose, who I had pretty much disregarded as just a standard young girl, nice voice with an acoustic guitar but her and her band were more experimental than I expected. Concrete Knives played mid-afternoon and I had never heard of them before but they produced some nice tunes for the summer sunshine and I thought it was pretty cool that they travelled from France to play. Not sure if it was solely for Godiva but it still was pretty cool. I was also happy with how easy it was for me to get to the front railing especially at a free festival. After Reverend and The Makers came off, crowds swarmed away from the stage area and I got to like second row and then after being almost crushed during the Mallory Knox set, their fans left and I got my position for the rest of the night. Definitely going next year if the line up is even half as good.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment