Friday 16 August 2013

Katy Perry & Catfish

Over the past couple of days I have watched the Katy Perry movie Part Of Me and the movie Catfish.


Part Of Me I found semi-interesting. It really showed how much time she is on tour and performing. She really puts her all into her shows and making sure her fans have a good time, but it really is at a detriment to her health and mental well being, you have to have those breaks. The movie logged her touring schedule over the California Dreams tour and it also includes the relationship and breakup between her and Russell Brand. The amount of information you find out about her life present day isn't really a great deal but I was interested to learn about her rise to stardom and in particular her time as a Christian rock musician, also her time struggling to be herself when everyone wanted her to be someone else. I definitely think its one for the fans and I wouldn't waste that time again personally but if the information next time was more personal I would probably enjoy it more.

Catfish was recommended to me by my step mom. Going into it I didn't really know what the movie was about but I was soon lead to believe it was about a young artists rise to fame but boy did that opinion change. After the main person got more involved with the said young girl and her family across Facebook and by phone he got into a relationship with her older sister called Megan. After some time passed the main guy and a couple of his friends decide to visit Megan and her family in person. I won't spoil it for you or anything but if you like really good, interesting modern documentary type things you should watch it. There is also a television show with the same name that I am gonna start watching, hopefully it is as good as the movie.

Currently I am watching The 1975 perform at Lowlands Live festival via YouTube live streaming service. You gotta love YouTube always pushing into new ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment