Thursday 1 August 2013

Back From Holiday!!

Last night I got back from Cornwall in quite speedy time considering all the fog and crazy drivers. I had a great time relaxing and despite lack of internet and recorded TV shows to watch I managed to keep myself entertained by going to a few nice local towns like Newquay and Falmouth and also over the course of the holiday I managed to completely read Rod Stewart's autobiography from cover to cover and also carry on with reading World War Z. I really liked reading Rod. He has lived quite an exciting life and it was nice to hear about his younger life, his time with The Faces where I found out that some of the members were from The Small Faces which I guess I really should have known, hearing about his love for football and more specifically Scottish football and mostly his love for the women throughout his life. He definitely has been with plenty of ladies and in doing so has built up quite a family. The pictures included in the book are quite nice to see, showing his offspring and also himself through the decades and seeing how his clothing style started and changed through the eras. It really was a brilliant book. 

World War Z is going pretty well, it has taken me quite a while to get into it but I think I am finally there and only have about 20% left of the book. I'm glad I will finish before the film comes out and hopefully it will be as good and as properly laid out as the book is turning out to be. I'm also really looking forward to going back to Cornwall in the next holiday break I get. I will for sure visit Newquay because that place is the best town in my opinion mainly for the shops, but I will also want to visit Falmouth again, Truro and maybe Plymouth maybe? I dunno but we will see when we get down there. :) I figured I will end on a Rod Stewart tune and I have chosen one of his earlier songs. You Wear It Well footage from Top Of The Pops, you can really get a sense of his fashion at the time, Mad!


   

No comments:

Post a Comment