Wednesday 23 October 2013

New Design Of the Fortnight Feature (D.O.T.F.)

I have recently had a new idea for a fortnightly feature. Basically on Thursday every 2 weeks I will post a Design Of The Fortnight. It maybe graphic design such as gig posters or album covers. It could also include particular guitar designs I am currently diggin' or pretty much anything musically themed that has been designed. It should be a good little Feature.

For this week I would like to feature a couple of guitars from one of my favourite guitar brands, Gretsch.
The first guitar is a signature model for Patrick Stump from Fallout Boy. I like the relatively simple design and just a couple of stripes for a decal on the front face gives an impression of creating a square shape without having to draw all the lines. I also thought it was interesting seeing it had 3 pick ups. I learnt a bit more about it from watching the video Patrick did on the Gretsch YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rWOWXEhfG8) It was pretty interesting for me, especially because I love a bit of FOB.


And from the brand new to the very old. In fact this model below is from 1954. It is called the Gretsch Electro II, one of the first guitars Gretsch produced. From the get go you can tell they had style and a kind of look/presence that they have included throughout the years.I would hope the guitars that I produce eventually have this much style or anywhere even close.




No comments:

Post a Comment