Thursday 17 October 2013

Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

So the 2014 nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame has been announced. They are:
-Kiss
-Nirvana
-The Zombies
-Yes
-Deep Purple
-Linda Ronstadt
-Peter Gabriel
-Cat Stevens
-Hall & Oates
-The Meters
-The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
-LL Cool J
-Link Wray
-Chic
-N.W.A.
-The Replacements


Well this is the first time I have actually paid attention to who the nominees are for the Hall of Fame. Its never really been that widely announced in England. First off, I wasn't sure how much rap/hip hop music is in the Rock accepted Hall of Fame but I definitely think N.W.A. should be included in my opinion, by their influence on other artists alone. I don't feel so strongly about LL Cool J . On the rock side of things I honestly think the likes of Hall & Oates and Kiss should be accepted and I expected Nirvana to already be included seeing that in my opinion they have done so much and made such an impact in the small time they were around. I have heard bits here and there about the other artists but in my perhaps naivete I don't think they have done enough to deserve a place in the Hall of Fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment