Tuesday 24 December 2013

YouTube Video Of The Week! 24/12/13

So it is Christmas eve and I have decided to include a Christmassy track in this weeks post. 

My first video is The Julie Ruin with Oh Come On. I heard about this band randomly pretty recently and it has opened me up to a bunch of bands from the riot grrrl scene that I want to listen to more music of. This track I really think has a powerfulness that hopefully I find in more of the tracks from this genre.


My Christmas pick is Run-DMC. I heard this track on BBC 6 Music and it was the first time I heard a good hip hop Christmas tune. It sounds really of that era but I love the rhythms and cheesy video storyline, everything you would want for a Christmas song.


This is the last post from me before Christmas, and I will still be posting on my tumblr here: www.ruvensivyer.tumblr.com so Happy Holidays everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment