Friday 4 March 2016

The Jezabels - Synthia FA

February Album

Another month gone, another day and another dollar and things are carrying on the same as can be expected. Many great releases from Yuck, Bob Woodruff, DMA's, Deep Sea Diver, Lissie and more but my favourite has been The Jezabels - Synthia. Perhaps not my usual pick in style of music but that is just another thing that makes this record exciting to me. I may not be the biggest fan of music that relies on electronic synths and the like for a large slice of the music pie but The Jezabels have used each instrument just the right amount to have an impact without overpowering my ears and turning the songs into metaphorical white noise. My favourite track is 'My Love Is My Disease', an epic building song with vocals that remind me greatly of Robyn if she were to front a late 00's emo band, dark, heartfelt and definitely passionate lyrics that are backed with complimenting rolling drums and just enough guitar. I cant wait for a beautiful video to be released for it. For now enjoy another great track with a video from the album 'Come Alive' Below!



No comments:

Post a Comment