Tuesday 22 March 2016

Pony Time - Geordie YTV

22/03/16 YouTube Video

Yesterday morning I took a trip to one of my favourite record stores in Manchester Piccadilly Records. As I was flicking through the vast indie/rock selection that they have, I noticed an album by Pony Time called Rumours 2 (pictured below) It caught my eye 95% because of the Fleetwood Mac Rumours similarity but after reading more about the band and the album from the little bio that the store includes in the sleeve they sounded like right up my street. So when I got back home, I did a bit of browsing on the YouTubes and found a video they did for Geordie which is a single off of their first album. A simple and brilliantly crafted garage rock song from the two piece. For me the vocals pack a punch that is greatly enhanced by the harsh and powerful drumming from Stacey Peck. After listening to this I went through Rumours 2 and to my enjoyment, it was more of the same style tunes in the same vein as Georgie. So if you like this be sure to check out more. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment