Tuesday 15 March 2016

Coves - You're Evil YTV

15/03/16 YouTube Video

This week is a bit of home-town love for me. Fellow guys from Leamington (Leamingtonians maybe?) Coves are back on the scene with You're Evil (off of new album out early April). This track includes the same electronic led psych pop music that made me fall for their début album which included killer tracks like Cast A Shadow. But what excited me about the new song is the overall darker tone and more aggressive nature of the lyrics. I should have guessed it would have been a bit more of a depressing feel after hearing the song title but I didn't clock on fast enough. I also love how in the forefront lead singer Beck Woods vocals are. The lyrics pack such a punch, I would feel scared for anyone that gets on the wrong side of her, such passion and emotion is truly amazing. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment