Friday 21 June 2013

Bruce Springsteen Live at Ricoh Arena Coventry!

Last night I went to see Springsteen with my papa at the Ricoh Arena. This was my first stadium sized show I have been to and let me tell you it was brilliant. Driving there and back was a proper ball ache due to the amount of traffic but once we got inside the venue all was good. It was quite easy to get a decent spot in the crowd and we didn't have to wait too long before the main man came on stage. I was impressed with him not having a support act and doing the whole set which was roughly 3 hours long just himself and the band. He has so much energy, running all over the stage and putting so much effort into singing and guitar playing, it really is amazing. With The E Street Band I was sort of expecting a backing band like The Roots are on Jimmy Fallon's show but I was dead wrong. It was much more of a partnership, those guys are so talented and brilliant musicians and I was particularly impressed with the saxophonist, some of his solos really stood out for me. Another thing I really liked about the show was Bruce's interaction with the audience, either by picking people to come join him on stage or getting handmade signs from audience members he particularly likes, more bands should learn from this guy. On the set list side of things I think he had a decent mix of older tracks and stuff from the new album, there were both songs for me and my dad to sing along to. I can honestly say he kept me excited and pumped up the whole way through compared to some bands in the past where at points my interest wavers. He was easily worth the money paid for a ticket and I would for sure see him again.





No comments:

Post a Comment