Wednesday 26 June 2013

The Wild Boar Acoustic Night!



Last night I went to an acoustic event at The Wild Boar pub in Warwick. I haven't been to one of these before yesterday in what feels like years and I was pleased by the quality of the performers who played. The majority of singers seemed to be females but all the singers had different singing and playing styles which kept things interesting. The singer I liked the most was one of the featured artists of the night, a lady who went by Miss Ellie (https://www.facebook.com/MissEllieMusic). She played a range of her own material and covers. Over the night I can definitely say I preferred listening to songs the singers had written themselves. It just seemed that there was an extra something that was brought out in the playing of the song. Recently I can say I have had enough of listening to people doing covers of pop/top 40 songs on an acoustic guitar and thinking it is totally out there and different, I have heard enough of them and sometimes I just want to listen to a song that was made for acoustic guitar. Overall, it was a good night and next time I would like to stay later and see all of the acts. Great little venue, staff and location were brilliant.


No comments:

Post a Comment