Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Darkness Coventry Kasbah Live!

Last night me and a couple of mates went to see The Darkness at the Kasbah in Coventry. Straight away one thing that annoys me about the Kasbah is that they don't let you keep your ticket. The main reason being because I collect all of my tickets for a scrapbook kind of thing. 
Their support was a band called Glass Guns. Not my cup of tea particularly but they got everyone relatively pumped up for the main act. When The Darkness got onto stage in my opinion they put on quite a show. Justins interactions with the audience was one of the best compared to bands I have seen in the past. Crowd surfing off of the balcony, joking around with the crowd and at one point even getting a guy to throw all his clothes on stage (literally he was just left in his gross pants and socks) he really made it a good time for everybody. I went into this gig not knowing the majority of the songs that were played but I really enjoyed the fact that I could sing along with them because most of the songs were pretty easy to pick up with catchy choruses or little hooks. After seeing this show I really rate Justin Hawkins as a lead singer and showman more than I used to. To me his personality is a mix of Jack Sparrow and Russell Brand, he is a great front man and he has really gone up in my books. Great show and would totally go see them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment