Tuesday 25 June 2013

YouTube Video Of The Week! 25/06/13

This week is a double hitter with music videos. Two videos sort of linked in terms of the punk rockish genre. One fairly new track and one track a decade and a bit older.

First is a track from a band called The Lunachicks which I found out about through reading the latest Inked Magazine special music issue. The track is called Say What You Mean and I really like the speed and catchiness of it. Also how there is basic instruments playing and shouty vocals fighting for space makes for a rough and ready listen. The track clocks in at just over 2 minutes long and it that time it can really get hooked in your head.


The second track is from The Orwells called Mallrats (La La La). It definitely has the same hook styles as the previous track with the la's repeating all the way through. Another thing I think it has in common is the scuzzy kind of guitar with what sounds like basic chords being played. All in all its a pretty cool song.
,


I love both of these tracks and I think this kind of genre is one of my favourites to listen to, especially when I want to get pumped up or energetic for something. I'm definitely going to look further into The Lunachicks catalogue and further into this genre in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment