Sunday 2 June 2013

Laura Marling fan boy (me)

Happy April!
 
I wanted to do a post on how much I admire Laura Marling and the amount of high quality music she produces. At the age of 23 she has made four albums and from making the first one in 2008, she seems to have kept extremely busy. The latest one being I Was Once An Eagle, which I have just finished listening to and I really am amazed at her lyrical quality. The stories she creates in the heads of the listeners with her music is an incredible skill to have at such a young age. I mean I've heard musicians a lot older than her trying to write powerful lyrics and not even coming close to her standard.
 
I'm also really envious of her lifestyle at the moment, she is currently in L.A. which is in the country that I would love to live and she seems to live her life very care free with nothing to tie her down which to me sounds a very relaxed way to be.
 
She is also a wonder on the guitar and her vocals are truly unique, so much so that even a syllable or single word you hear from one of her songs you know its Laura Marling. Also as I'm currently learning guitar and constantly trying to get better, her strength and skill in playing really motivates me and makes me strive to be as good as her one day (in my dreams). 
 
Unfortunately I have yet to see her live yet but I would love the chance to do. I've heard she is doing the BBC Proms 2013 but hopefully she will perform a bit closer to me soon.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment