Thursday 3 July 2014

Chrissie Hynde - Stockholm JA

June Album 
New Feature!!

I have decided that once a month I will post a particular album that I have been listening to and am a big fan of. It will always be out on Thursdays and it will replace one of the DOTF spots reducing that down to once a month opposing this feature. Mainly I just wanted a space to share new/old albums that I want more people to listen to/enjoy and I didn't want to just post designs that were scraping the bottom of the barrel for the sake of it, so I thought this would be a good change.

So this past month I have really been diggin' the Chrissie Hynde début solo album Stockholm. To be honest I wasn't too knowledgeable about her time in The Pretenders and the music they produced but that doesn't matter when listening to this album. It happily stands alone in its own right. As a new listener with fresh ears she clearly has a very distinctive sound to her voice and to the songs as a whole. My favourite tracks from the album are Dark Sunglasses (video below) which was one of the released singles, Sweet Nuthin' which has clever lyrics and a catchy chorus, and the album finale Adding The Blue which is a slower acoustic number that shows Chrissie Hynde in a different but still impressive light. Even though I have picked 3 of my favourites, this album easily has 7-8 tracks that would do well as singles which is no bad thing. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment