Tuesday 15 July 2014

Holly Williams NPR Tiny Desk Concert YTV

15/07/14 YouTube Video

It has been a while since I have seen a NPR Tiny Desk that I have enjoyed watching as much as this one which is why it is my choice this week. The lady herself is Holly Williams and her set includes 3 tracks: Drinkin', Railroads and Waiting On June. Before watching this video I only heard Drinkin' but I was really amazed by the new songs that I heard. Her voice is really strong and holds a lot of emotion and passion, especially with tracks like Waiting On June which is about her personal life with her family (as mentioned) like I am sure the other tracks she sings are personal to her also which helps give the songs heart and not be bland standard tracks. She is obviously well known in the Country music genre but more than that, she should be well known for just being a great musician, songwriter and overall performer. Enjoy!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment