Tuesday 22 July 2014

Devin Davis - Giant Spiders YTV

22/07/14 YouTube Video

I have been meaning to talk about and share this song for some time now. I found out about it by chance whilst randomly trawling through the internet music sites and I was immediately hooked. This track is off of an almost decade old album from Devin Davis. After looking in to him a bit further I still don't know a great deal apart from this album being the only one he has released so far, a couple of dated interviews and from his website there is positive warnings that there is new material on the way (but who knows how long that post has been up for). This track is one of a bunch of brilliant tracks that you can listen to on YouTube. Straight off the bat it has clear influences of that 60's sound. I thought particularly a Beach Boys, Monkees-esque vibe with a hint of The Who but that seems almost too boxed in of a category for this song. I like how the drum beat has a rolling effect that gives the track a slight surfer vibe and the vocals are the right mix of hooky chorus line and great meaningful lyrics. Incredible stuff, enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment