Thursday 24 July 2014

Stone Age Brain - Jen Cloher Ft. Courtney Barnett SCS

SoundCloud Song

This is a great live performance of a track Jen Cloher originally did with a man called Tim Rogers. In this version he has been replaced by the ever increasingly popular Courtney Barnett. There are several reasons why I prefer this track over the original: I really think the acoustic guitar sound compliments the vocals and makes the lyrics easier to hear rather than the electric guitar which slightly overpowers them. Also I prefer the girl/girl vocals as opposed to the boy/girl vocals of the original mainly because I think Tims voice is a bit too harsh on the ears for a track that sounds like it should be more mellow. But who knows, maybe I have just fell in love with Courtneys voice too much to prefer another instead. Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment