Thursday 17 July 2014

The National Bowl DOTM

Design Of The Month

The design I have chosen is The National Bowl in Milton Keynes. I recently went there to see Pearl Jam perform with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and OFF! as support acts. This was my first visit to the venue and it was a bit of a nightmare getting there with the parking prices being extortionate for a venue of that size that should have at least some on site parking. But once I actually got in to the venue it was a different story. The set up is very much like a main stage at a festival and the crowd was equal in size if not larger. I spent the majority of the show pretty close to the front and the atmosphere was as you can assume, very electric and exciting. Later on in the show I made my way to the outer edge of the field and up onto the sloped verges and I have to say the sound did not lose any quality over the distance. The way the whole place has been designed makes the sound travel so well and still keep its level of quality. The engineers who created this venue really deserves some high praise to make any gig great whether you are in the mosh pit right at the front or enjoying dinner with your children on the outskirts. (Below is a sky view and a couple of snaps of
Pearl Jam) Absolutely amazing!

Birds Eye

Up Close

Afar

No comments:

Post a Comment