Monday 25 March 2013

Slash

This album is huuge! The amount of talent he has with him on this album is incredible, from Iggy Pop to Ozzy Osbourne to Chris Cornell with a bit of Dave Grohl thrown in for good measure.

Ghost- before listening to this track I didn't have a clue who Ian Astbury was and after a quick google, I found out he was in a band called The Cult. All I know is this track has got some power and I'm loving it. His vocals are brilliant and a great way to kick off the album.

Beautiful Dangerous- I previously heard Fergie with Slash on a cover of Paradise City and she sung it with so much gusto and effort, its tracks like that and this one where you can really tell she is a quality singer. She really goes well with the big rock guitar sound, for sure.

Starlight - I think this is my favourite track from the whole album. This Myles Kennedy guy, I like him. When he sings, he is proper going for it, no holds barred whatsoever,

Gotten - As much as I'm not a fan of Adam Levine on the whole, this track actually doesn't sound too bad. Probably the balance of Slash helps it quite a bit but yea. It's quite mellow compared to the other songs I prefer on the album but a nice change, not too depressing by any means.

Overall I'm so glad I picked this up. If you see it, do the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment