Wednesday 20 March 2013

Thank You HMV

Recently I have been making the most of HMV closing down (or whatever they are doing) to get discounted CD's. In the picture, the top 8 albums are from HMV and the bottom few I bought from Amazon but I figured I would include them because I got them around the same kinda time. I have definitely been getting into more rocky based genre of music recently, with the Tonight Alive album which is one I have been particularly lovin, Biffy Clyro, Kids In Glass Houses, and I'm proper looking forward to giving the Sound City and Slash album a good listen. From the looks of them both, there sounds like a few great collaborations and both albums produced by awesome musicians, you cant really go wrong :)

Back to the Tonight Alive's What Are You So Scared Of? album, it has been one of my more played albums so far. It has been one that has spent a long while on my Amazon wish list and the push I needed to get my ass in to gear and buy it came from a music mag (forget which one) that had an article reviewing a few different Australian rock groups latest releases and they were really bigging these guys up. A nice thing about this album is it ends with 4 acoustic tracks: What Are You So Scared Of?, Safe & Sound, Let It Land and Breaking And Entering. It just ends the album on a bit more of a relaxed feeling which I find refreshing.

Plenty to keep me busy over spring break.

I am also super excited to be going to Reading festival this year. I just bought my ticket this morning. I will no doubt do a post about it in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment